Sunday, July 14, 2013

Connected by Kim Karr

I want to start out this review with a photo.
This is a photo of Josiah Hawley that was on The Voice 2013. The reason I'm posting this photo is because this is exactly how I picture River, the main character of this book. So if this photo alone doesn't make you want to read this book, you might want to read my review, but if this photo makes you excited by itself...don't even read this review, just go order it or download it and get reading it now! I suggest downloading it to your e-reader so you can get reading it within the next 30 seconds.

What are you waiting for? Get downloading now!!!!


Book Synopsis
What if a “Once in a Lifetime” could happen twice?

In Dahlia London’s world, happily ever after is a far cry from reality. Her soul has been left completely shattered by tragedy. But a surprising reunion with someone from her past is about to give her a reason to love again…

When rock star River Wilde comes back into Dahlia’s life, their super-charged connection runs deeper than either of them ever expected. The more time they spend together, the more intense their relationship becomes, and Dahlia believes at last she has found her soul mate.

But as old bonds fade and Dahlia’s grief begins to lift, her guilt and confusion remain. River desperately wants to be the one who mends what’s been broken—but with a past that refuses to stay buried, is it possible for their future to begin?

My Review
I will be honest with this review. This book was suggested by another book blog I follow. I enjoy most of what this blog suggests, so I went and downloaded this e-book one day but I really wasn't excited about it. I hadn't heard of the author what-so-ever and I knew absolutely nothing about the book. So it sat on my Kindle app for quite a while until I finally decided to breakdown and read it. After I started the book, I could not put it down.

The story follows Dahlia (or Dahl) around her relationships. The book starts out with a flashback talking about her relationship with her parents and how important music and love are to her. Then gives another flashback to a time when she was still in college and dating Ben (who then becomes her fiancee). In this flashback Dahl goes to a bar and has a strong connection with a guy at a bar, River. Dahl ends up leaving the bar and going back to Ben. The story then comes up to present day and continues through her story with her fiancee, Ben, until he is suddenly killed in a car jacking while Dahl was in the car with him. This affected Dahl's life significantly. She then ends up reconnecting with River from her past. The story continues through the relationship with River.

The the end of the story there is a HUGE twist that you don't see coming AT ALL! And it makes me not want to have to wait for Torn (Connections #2) to come out.

The story is so easy to connect to. Kim Karr has a true talent in writing character development and making you feel like you are right there with the characters through everything. The story gives you major hope for true love. It shows that love at first sight can really happen, and if you are meant to be with someone, you will end up being with the.

I will honestly say that I disliked Ben right from the start. Even in the flashback portion of the book, I was thinking the whole time that Dahl needed to get out of that relationship. And then River comes into the picture and I felt a major connection to him and I've continued to root for the final relationship between River and Dahl.

This book is a MUST READ! I guarantee that you will enjoy every minute of it!

Five star book for sure! Kim Karr did an amazing job with this book and I can't wait to see what she comes up with in the future. Torn (Connections #2) is scheduled to be released on October 1st, 2013 and I'm ecstatic!

Purchase Links:
Connected (Amazon): http://www.amazon.com/Connected-The-Connections-Series-ebook/dp/B00COAFVBC/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1373849852&sr=1-1&keywords=connected

Torn (Amazon): http://www.amazon.com/Torn-The-Connections-Series-ebook/dp/B00DGZKTR0/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1373850993&sr=1-1&keywords=torn+kim+karr


Next Up: Losing It by Cora Carmack
Torn 

No comments:

Post a Comment