Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Escaping Reality: The Secret Life of Amy Bensen by Lisa Renee Jones

This book has been on my "to-read" list for quite some time now and I've finally had the chance to dig into it. I knew very little of Lisa Renee Jones prior to reading this book, but knew that this novel came highly recommended by a lot of the book blogs I follow. I'll start out by just saying, WOW!

Synopsis
Recommended for 17+ due to mature themes and sexual content
Book 1 of THE SECRET LIFE OF AMY BENSEN Series
ESCAPING REALITY
***
Infinite possibilities....
Infinite passion.....
Infinite danger....
His touch spirals through me, warm and sweet, wicked and hot. I shouldn't trust him. I shouldn't tell him my secrets. But how do I not when he is the reason I breathe? He is what I need.

At the young age of eighteen, tragedy and a dark secret force Lara to flee all she has known and loved to start a new life. Now years later, with a new identity as Amy, she's finally dared to believe she is forgotten-even if she cannot forget. But just when she lets her guard down, the ghosts of her past are quick to punish her, forcing her back on the run.

On a plane, struggling to face the devastation of losing everything again and starting over, Amy meets Liam Stone, a darkly entrancing recluse billionaire, who is also a brilliant, and famous, prodigy architect. A man who knows what he wants and goes after it. And what he wants is Amy. Refusing to take "no" as an answer, he sweeps her into a passionate affair, pushing her to her erotic limits. He wants to possess her. He makes her want to be possessed. Liam demands everything from her, accepting nothing less. But what if she is too devastated by tragedy to know when he wants more than she should give? And what if there is more to Liam than meets the eyes?

Review
This story. Wow. I was drawn in right away. I will warn you that by the end of the book you'll still be saying "Ok, I still want to know what's going on with Amy" and generally this ticks me off if I'm still really clueless about a character. But Lisa Renee Jones has some super special talent where even though you don't know the full back-story on the character, you're still drawn in to care deeply for that character. I'm still uncertain about who to trust and not trust in the story, but that has kept it exciting for me. Liam and Amy do get into this little "insta-love" situation that some people find annoying. I find it intriguing...especially when executed properly. Escaping Reality was executed properly....let me tell you. I was captivated right from the start and it held my interest throughout.

I don't have much time to read here recently (which really irritates me as well) but I found myself opening my Kindle app any extra second I had to try and get a little reading done on this novel. There were multiple nights that I stayed awake way later than I should have, just to see what was going to happen. I haven't had this with a novel for a while now. I would have to say this hasn't happened to me since "Losing Hope" by Colleen Hoover....and that's saying something.

Lisa Renee Jones has a few other series out which I haven't had the opportunity to tackle yet, but they have definitely moved up significantly in my "to-read" list after catching this one. Plus, don't forget that there will be sequel to Escaping Reality coming out soon.

Purchase Links:
Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/Escaping-Reality-contemporary-Romance-ebook/dp/B00CSIXEF0/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1380153967&sr=1-1&keywords=lisa+renee+jones
Paperback: http://www.amazon.com/Escaping-Reality-Secret-Bensen-Volume/dp/0985817089/ref=tmm_pap_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1380153967&sr=1-1

*And just so you know, the Kindle version is 99 cents, and definitely worth it 100 times over!

Up Next:
"Torn" by K.A. Robinson 


No comments:

Post a Comment