Sunday, November 3, 2013

Finding Cinderella by Colleen Hoover

Synopsis
A chance encounter in the dark leads eighteen-year-old Daniel and the girl who stumbles across him to profess their love for each other. But this love comes with conditions: they agree it will only last one hour and it will only be make-believe.

When their hour is up and the girl rushes off like Cinderella, Daniel tries to convince himself that what happened between them only seemed perfect because they were pretending it was perfect. Moments like that with girls like her don’t happen outside of fairytales.

One year and one bad relationship later, his disbelief in insta-love is stripped away the day he meets Six: a girl with a strange name and an even stranger personality. Daniel soon realizes the way he pretended to feel about Cinderella and the way he really feels about Six may not be so different after all. Especially when the two loves of his life end up being one in the same.

Unfortunately for Daniel, finding Cinderella doesn’t guarantee their happily ever after…it only further threatens it.

Review
First off, no one has the excuse of not being able to read this book...it's free! Colleen Hoover wrote this novella that goes along with the Hopeless/Losing Hope series as a thank you to her fans. This story follows Holder's friend Daniel and Sky's friend Six.

This novella was everything I could have hoped for. Even though it was only around 120 pages, it hit everything we would have wanted with Daniel and Six. Right off the bat I was drawn into the story. When reading Hopeless/Losing Hope I always thought Daniel was hilarious and I knew that I would enjoy reading this novella either way, but Colleen Hoover surpassed my expectations. My husband constantly questioned what I was laughing about and I'd read him the section and he'd just respond, "Really? What is with this guy?" Which is why I love Daniel.

Even though it's a novella I still felt like the story hit on everything we would need to complete the story line. I would love to read more into their relationship, but I didn't feel like the story wasn't summed up by the end. Though Colleen Hoover is making it sound like she is going to do some more writing in the line of Daniel, Six, Holder and Sky in the coming year. We will just have to wait and see from her.

I will say that at the end of chapter 6 I just sat there staring at my Kindle. Seriously, I was reading right along and flipped to the next page and couldn't believe my eyes at that point. I didn't think that was where the story was going to go. I was just flabbergasted at that point and I couldn't bring myself to move on for quite a few minutes.

This novella is a must read for anyone that enjoyed the Hopeless/Losing Hope books and just want a little extra into the overall story. But you can read this story without reading Hopeless/Losing Hope and still understand what is going on for the most part. If you are not sure on spending the money on the other books and just want to try out Colleen Hoover's writing style with a free book, this is definitely a way to do it....but I will promise you that you'll fall in love with Colleen Hoover. And if you have been a Colleen Hoover fan, you'll fall in love with her all over again.

Purchase Link:
Amazon (Kindle): http://www.amazon.com/Finding-Cinderella-Novella-Colleen-Hoover-ebook/dp/B00FNWRSCI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383498752&sr=8-1&keywords=finding+cinderella

Up Next: Naked by Raine Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment