Thursday, November 14, 2013

Eyes Wide Open by Raine Miller

Synopsis
The third part in The Blackstone Affair series: A love on the brink of being destroyed. The fight of a lifetime to keep it alive.Big surprises are on the horizon for Ethan and Brynne as they struggle to adjust to what life has thrown at them. Demons from the past are threatening to destroy the passionate bond they’ve forged despite their vow that nothing will ever keep them apart. A truly devastating loss coupled with the promise of a new hope opens their eyes to what is most important, but is it possible for the lovers to move on from the painful histories that continue to haunt them? A stalker is still lurking in the shadows, plotting evil amidst the distraction of the 2012 Olympic games in London. Brynne and Ethan are on the cusp of losing everything as the stakes rise. Will they yield to circumstances beyond their control or will they give every ounce of fight they have left to save each other and win the ultimate prize of a life together?

Eyes Wide Open is a passion-wrought story that shows us what pure love can achieve when tested and what the heart can accomplish despite danger and adversity.
 
Review
I was hoping that I would come around on this series, but I honestly can't bring myself to really enjoy it. This book really brought the whole thing to the realization to me that it was very much a knock-off of "Fifty Shades of Grey." A lot of the story line follows different plot twists that "Fifty Shades" did, but maybe in a little bit different timeline. I can say that the writing style is a bit better than "Fifty Shades," but I feel as though "Fifty Shades" was executed in a much more seamless fashion. 
 
I felt as though the plot twists in this final book were a little unbelievable in how they were executed. I never truly got invested in the characters to really feel their pain or love between themselves of other people. I remember a point where I looked at the progress bar of my Kindle and realized that I only had 20% of the book left and I couldn't understand how everything in the plot line was going to be tied up. Then I made it to the a point where all of a sudden everything sped up, the main plot of that book was tied up and then it spent the next chapter or two jumping around to clear up the rest of the open plot from the rest of the series. I felt like the last part of the book was really rushed, and it could have been less rushed if the every chapter sex scenes were cut down a bit. 
 
I honestly can't say that I loved the Crossfire series, but I think I would almost recommended it over The Blackstone series just because I feel like the character development is a hundred times better, so you feel a little more invested in the characters. It's not a horrible series, because I'm sure there are worse romance series out there (*cough cough* Megan Hart *cough cough*), but I also wouldn't say the Blackstone series is the best by any means. 
 
3 stars.
 
Purchase Links
Amazon (Kindle): http://www.amazon.com/Eyes-Wide-Open-Blackstone-Affair-ebook/dp/B00BEHGSEK/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&sr=&qid=
 
Amazon (Paperback):  http://www.amazon.com/Eyes-Wide-Open-Blackstone-Affair/dp/1476735603/ref=tmm_pap_title_0

No comments:

Post a Comment