Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Safe Word by Teresa Mummert

Synopsis
A chance meeting with a stranger can turn your entire world upside down. 
When Colton 'Colt' Bishop enters a bar in New York City, he has a plan. His job is to find an easy target and take her back to his place for a few days. He is working his way up the crime ladder doing a job he never wanted. 
Lily Hilton has it all, but is hiding from a troublesome past. When she enters a bar downtown, and runs into her old high school crush, her entire world is turned upside down. She is determined to make him notice her, but that plan may work better than she expects. Colton does not hesitate to take Lily home and use her as his new pawn, but their past begins to catch up with them as their secrets unravel and he must decide what is more important to him, protecting Lily or himself.

Review
I purchased this book at the end of May, and it's been sitting in my Kindle library since. I'm saddened that I never read it sooner. It seems like there are always books I download and that I have every intention of reading soon, but other books are released and I can't control myself and certain ones I know less about get pushed further and further back in my library.

This book is definitely one that I really wish I would have read sooner. It came recommended by a few other book blogs that I follow but I really knew nothing of Teresa Mummert's writing style or what this book was even about. I just went and downloaded it. When I first started I had a hard time getting into it because it was completely different than I was expecting. By the end of the the 2nd or 3rd chapter, I was sold. I loved that it was different than what I was expected. It's nice to occasionally read a book from the male perspective and being able to learn and feel his love for Lily was breathtaking.

This story isn't the traditional romance story, and that makes it fresh and new. It's something different yet still fulfills that need for a romance novel. The plot keeps you guessing throughout and you're never quite sure how it's going to end. I remember numerous times where I thought I knew where the plot was going and then went to the next chapter and I was completely proven wrong.

I highly recommended this book. It's a fresh, new take on the traditional romance story. I can't wait to dig into some other Teresa Mummert novels in the near future. She's definitely added to my list of "must read authors." You won't want to miss out on this stand-alone romance!

Purchase Links
Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/Safe-Word-Teresa-Mummert-ebook/dp/B00CS7XRV2/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1387326363&sr=1-1&keywords=safe+word+teresa+mummert

Paperback: http://www.amazon.com/Safe-Word-Teresa-Mummert/dp/1484972090/ref=tmm_pap_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1387326363&sr=1-1

Up Next:
Beautiful Bastard by Christina Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment